Wednesday 2 November 2022

The Ghost of Griffin Castle: a short musical


 

So, I've been helping to write a short (20 minute) musical. 

This was an online collaboration between a few of the members of the Reddit forum for musical writing. 

More details about the process here:

We completed our group Musical! The Ghost of Griffin Castle. Here's how we did it.

This is the first time I've done any kind of collaboration like this. To be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect. But it was a great experience. 

And, for what their worth, here are my thoughts on the process:

1. It was fun and everyone involved was very encouraging.

2. It was a good-sized group and a good-sized project.

3. The story discussions were really useful. Personally, I felt I had a clear idea of what my song needed to say before I wrote it.

4. Having said all of that, you still need a very committed and capable person to lead and pull it all together. (Thank you, musicCaster.)

5. The performers really are fantastic and well worth a listen.

6. For anyone thinking of having a go at any future Reddit musicals, particularly any first-timers like myself, it's highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment