Friday 3 April 2009

Lordy Lordy

Lord Andy makes a rare appearance in the House on the issue of creative artists and digital piracy:


"The question that occurs to me is whether, in ten years time, Britain will be a place that the Beatles could have emerged from?

Or Connie Fisher for that matter...


... Not in a world where there are no longer shops where you can buy the physical products and where the internet is a Somalia of unregulated theft and piracy."

Although presumably with fewer firearms.

I can see His Lordship's point but I fear that the horse may have bolted on this one. And I'm not so sure that all this digitising will really put a stranglehold on talent. What it will do, however, is put a premium on live performance which, it seems to me, is no bad thing for music and theatre lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment